follow ganpatibapa at http://twitter.com

Sunday, June 19, 2005

been a while

Yes it's been a while since I last wrote anything here.

Life was more sedentary for a few weeks when I started this blog. Now things are picking up pace.
Firstly I got on a project. So work life is starting to look more and more ominous. Days when I supposed to finish work by 4:00 pm end up actually finishing at 9:00pm instead. Hopefully the work will stay interesting.
I have been reading three books (keep switching books and never finishing any of them). The first one 'Hitchhiker's Guide' The one I am most interested in ... and yes I have never ever read this book inspite of about 15 people hounding me to read it for many years now. I have had a copy at home for more than a year now ad am glad to finally have gotten to it.
The second book is 'Blink'. Promises to be a god one. This is a book about human psyche. And how most decisions we come to are usually in the blink of an eye although we try to satisfy ourselves by collecting lotsadata and mulling it through in our head. This is a must read for anyone.
Last one 'The man who sold his Ferrari' a dear friend of mine read the book. His first reaction was to buy me a copy cos he said he thought of me right after reading the book. The book is about a monk who gave up everything (including a ferrari) to find himself (I am still trying to figure out why he thought of me after reading the book. I personally want the ferrari and would never give it up for sanyas). Hopefully I'll get through all these three books in the near future.

Saw a standup last night 'Greg Proops' of 'Whose Line Is it Anyway' fame was in town (the thin guy in the show with spectacles. He is absolutely hilarious. With sentences which last 3 whole minutes and words like gourmet pronounced with a pronounced 'T'. He cracked me up to tears. He dedicated a quarter of his show to Jessica 'Barbie' Simpson and just butchered every inch of her being in the process. Would've enjoyed the show multiple more times had the waitress decided to show up often enough to keep me buzzed thru the evening. I was able to get exactly one cerveza through the evening and was left looking at the bar (longingly) way too often.

New term of the evening 'whack' - white guy who thinks he is black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home